Wednesday, March 15, 2006

A couple of days in London.


I saw on the BBC weather today…There is a chance of Blizzards (freezing water showers). Cold winds blowing from Arctic Circle will freeze London. Its generally a practice to watch BBC weather before leaving for office…

I normally run to Kings cross at 8.01, buy a ticket and jump in the 8.06 Train to Foxton. Alight at Hatfield then cross the over bridge and board the 600 or 603 bus to T-mobile. The transport is very punctual...but we need to be careful about the Train doors.

They close exactly 3 sec b4 time... today my friend got stuck in the door because it closed a minute early for some reason. Fortunately he did not get hurt...There is a beeping sound for door closing, he had ignored it.

The food here is not so good… but better than Israel..you have some choice. I have an English breakfast every morning in the hotel. Its a filling meal so kind of replaces lunch as well...Lunch is mainly French fries and rice in
Tmobile canteen or some joint in Galleria, a mall which is five minutes walk.. a gruelling walk in the biting cold wind nevertheless.

Dinner yesterday was a vegge burger in burger king..MacD does not have any veg dishes. All bacon, lamb etc. All English veg dishes are insipid and hence hazardous to Indian taste buds. There are some punjabi restaurants that I have found out near Kings Cross and on Euston road. We plan to try them in the future, infact it will be tonight I believe.

Today, along with Krishna, I plan to visit London Eye and Westminster etc... or atleast travel by tube...If we are able to get out of office early...My room in Novotel is on 7th floor and has an excellent view of the Euston Road
and Kings Cross railroad terminal...The sunrise over the Thames is truly a beautiful sight..

I have not clicked a single photograph as it was just to cold to spend even a minute in the open...I seriously plan to do it from today... I am acclimatizing to the cold weather..

That was the account of the 2 days I have spent in London, England. Well it was more than just an account.. it was verbatim.


2 Comments:

At 1/7/06 22:16 , Blogger Nikhil said...

mikeline comment was truly disgusting I have deleted it..

 
At 28/9/09 19:42 , Anonymous Jadu Saikia said...

London is really an amazing place.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home